By saturating the surface of the lumber, the Wood Defender® product penetrates into the substrate leaving the fence with an even, uniform coating.
Some of the materials include:
- High quality, deep penetrating natural oils used to replenish and revive the composition of the wood
- Highest quality trans-oxide and finely ground iron oxide pigments that lessen the damaging affect of harsh UV rays while providing ample color choices for consumers
- UV inhibitors to further lessen the effects of harmful UV rays and keep the color consistent through the duration of the warranty
- Synthetic resins designed to promote maximum adhesion and penetration to the wood while beautifying the finished appearance of the wood structure
- The latest available mildewcides and fungicides to repel the growth of harmful mildew and fungus spores that decay wood and turn the fence gray in appearance
- Water-repellent silicone to repel water, decreasing the damage associated with warping, swelling and cupping
- Unique dispersants and anti-settling agents used to keep the product consistent in its container and lessen the amount of stirring required prior to application
No back brushing is required. The products are superior to competitive products that leave runs, drips and an uneven appearance.
The fact that this product is so easy to apply coupled with the fact that it wipes off most non-porous surfaces makes it the contractors' choice.